Monday, June 11, 2012

Fairly Smooth Waters

So... We made it through the movie fairly unscathed.

Riley did great compared to what my husband and I were expecting.  He sat in his seat, ate his popcorn, and even laughed at the jokes.  We thought we were going to make it out of there scot-free until Riley decide that he had seen enough and it was time to go home.  About an hour and fifteen minutes into the movie Riley looks at me and says, "It's time to go to the car!".  I then told him that the movie wasn't over yet and we should stay until the end.  He tells me OK, but that he wants daddy now and goes on over to him. But, he doesn't stop at daddy's seat he keeps walking and tries to go down the steps.  My hubby grabs his arm asks him where he is going and Riley responds straight faced, "I am going to the car!" He was dead set on getting to the car. 

I was not about to leave this movie when there was only about 15 minutes left. There was no way that I would claim defeat when we had made it that far. So I pulled out my bag of tricks/purse/mom-bag and started filling Riley up on fruit snacks. I figured as long as I kept the fruit snacks coming he wouldn't worry about leaving.  To my amazement that beautifully simple plan worked. We were able to see a whole movie and not many people were disturbed in the process.

Next time we will have to try a slightly longer movie and a bag full of tricks/treats. Thank goodness for mom-bags!

No comments: