Sunday, June 10, 2012

Testing the Waters

Today we are going to venture out to the movies with our two year old.  The last time we did this our son tried to run up and down the aisles and greet every person that walked through the doors. Despite constantly telling him that he needs to sit down and nobody wants to talk to him at the movies he continued to do so. So After 30 minutes of this my husband took our son, walked out of the theater and never returned. When the movie was over and I went to the car (that my husband had been impatiently waiting in) with our other two kids, my husband made a new movie rule: "Riley is not allowed to attend any outing that requires sitting in front of a movie screen!". Translation: "I will never take Riley's bad ass to a movie again!!!!!".

It has been over a year and I am finally starting to chip away at my husband's cold hard stance. There have been so many great movies that we have missed and had to wait for it to come out on Blu-Ray and DVD. I think my husband is getting a little tired of missing out on a real movie experience.

We are going to start off small and go see Madagascar 3. We figured an hour and a half cartoon would kind of ease Riley into it. Hopefully this works! I am tired of missing so many movies!

I am ready to take these baby steps... Hopefully Riley is too!

No comments: